Sunday, February 20, 2005

Four posts in a day!

Just got back from a children's party at a Brewsters (their motto: Hell on Earth). Alfie was somewhat of a wallflower, he was very shy and overcome by it all, would not eat any of the party tea (I don't actually blame him, it was fried stuff from Hell) and insisted that I accompany him everywhere he went on the soft play stuff, or was at least in eyesight. Which in hindsight is not a terrible thing, after all he is only 3, and quite frankly it's not a great place to be as a grown up, lots of older children running manically around with little supervision from the parents. It is the absolute last place I would have a child's party, but I worry so much that he is going to be very shy and suffer socially as a consequence. He's made a lot of progress in the last couple of months and I know that me worrying doesn't help, but I'm afraid that I do.

The main thing is that he has come home and told Mike that he had a great time, so at least he is not emotionally traumatised by it all. Just me. I could happily fall into a large glass of red. Which is not good as I have already consumed two bottles this weekend. And I am about 15 points down for the week already, and it only began on Friday...

3 comments:

Sally said...

You're posting up a storm lady....I love reading this. I feel like it's a window into your world and as I told you on the phone - I miss you - this way I kinda know what you're up to....

Do you think this means we'll never go to the hammock again?

jess said...

It is distracting, isn't it?

Zoe, I was super shy as a kid - when I was a baby I'd only let my parents hold me, etc. And yeah, there were some rough moments as a result, but I think everyone's going to have their rough moments shy or not - just a different kind. You know this, why am I telling you? But I've found a lot of really good friends and turned out okay (at least, I like to think so). (I can't believe Alfie's 3!)

Poppymom said...

My goal in life is to avoid places like Brewsters. We have this ... beast ... in the States called Chuck E. Cheese's. I shudder at the thought of having to set foot in that place.

And don't worry. I post more on the Hammock now that I blog. :)