Friday, January 04, 2008

Insomnia

All this week I have expected not to be able to sleep. Noise on New Year's Eve. Anxiety for Ted's first day at nursery. Anxiety for my first day back at work. But I have actually slept. Even when I had to get up with T in the night the other day, I still managed to get back to sleep straight away. But, he woke up at 3.30am and took a while to settle - I think because of the new nursery thing, he's just a bit off kilter - it should soon get back on track. But I could not get back to sleep, and have eventually given up trying, so I'm up at 5.30am, doing laundry and trying to catch up on The Sopranos, I have about ten episodes v+. It's Pam's funeral today and I could really do with not being up. I wasn't sleeping well anyway, restless and complex dreams.

I can't do staying in bed in the night whilst I'm awake, it's the only real time in my life that I can get myself really stressed about stuff that doesn't usually bother me - mostly stuff about work, even when I was off I worried about work...

No comments: