Sunday, January 02, 2005

Wow it works

I seem to have managed it! Yay me!

Okay, well time to start my blog!

My New Years' Resolutions:

1. Start (and maintain) a blog - I have always loved diaries but never find the time to write them - I am online everyday on my laptop however, so I am thinking that that would be easier.

2. Lose another stone and a half (21lbs if you are overseas) - so far I have lost 65 lbs (45 lbs with Weightwatchers, although I am doing it alone, i.e., not going to class or paying on line which makes me happy as I am not paying some great big money making corporation for the priviledge)

3. Iron out some of the problems in my marriage, of which more at another time - on the whole it's a great marriage, but there are some sticky parts.

4. Go back to the gym two/three times a week - I was doing well, but it had waned to once a week at the end of 2004.

5. To be the best teacher I can be - that's my job, I am new to the career, having moved from Healthcare in 2002.


In addition to the above I have the ongoing being a good mother, wife, sister, daughter, friend; trying to see no evil, hear no evil, speak no evil especially at work, and to be as good a person as I can - they are not resolutions, but things I am trying to do all the time.


Got home from holiday at centreparcs today - had a great time, really good family holiday. The fabulous news is that my sister is pregnant, very early days but fantastic news!!!!! Really looking forward to being an auntie (twice this year as M's sister is also pregnant). It has given me lots to think about though as I feel incredibly jealous - I would love to have another one, despite knowing all the reasons not to. M is adamant that we're not, and we have had some serious conversations about it this week. I have no idea if he will change his mind.

I need to go and donate cash for the Tsunami disaster - just horrendous, horrendous,,,

No comments: