Monday, July 11, 2005

Perspective

It's my interview tomorrow for the SENCO post.

I'm watching a special BBC programme about the bombings, and (God knows how they managed it) they have people talking on it who were involved and also those who have lost people - except, they don't really know if they have lost people because no one knows their names yet, but thier friends and family are missing, presumed dead.

It gives me some perspective. We never know the day, the moment, that we could experience this bereavement and this pain. My greatest fear is premature death, not especially from my own perspective, but from the point of my son and husband, who would have to live without me; or that, God forbid, I would have to live without one of them.

Whatever happens tomorrow, it's not the end of the world.

No comments: