Friday, July 08, 2005

It's times like this that I can't believe the human race.

My son was 2 1/2 weeks old on September 11th, and I wondered what kind of world we had brought a child into.

Yesterday I wondered again - I know that atrocities of famine and war take place daily, but I still feel that the absolute deliberate indiscriminate premediated actions in the name of GOD for goodness sake are just an outrage.

My God doesn't want this

I pray for those who have been bereaved and those who are injured, those poor, poor people, just minding thier own business. It could have been any of us.

4 comments:

Kathy said...

I know what you mean -- I don't believe my God wants these horrible things either. How are you doing?

zoe xx said...

Hey Katy I'm good - today is a new day! Just going to drop by your blog now!

Paul Nichols said...

Thank you for stopping by my blog. I didn't see your comment until Saturday evening (6:00 p.m. Central US time). I do sympathize with you and your countrymen. You're right, it was done in the name of "God" but I think it should be spelled with a lower-case g.

Blessings and peace to you and your family.

Dixie said...

I know that lots of people wonder what sort of world will be left to their children and rightly so but combined with that I believe that each child gives us the hope that maybe they'll be a wondeful contributor to solving these sorts of problems and preventing these sorts of tragedies.

Maybe we all be blessed.