Tuesday, October 17, 2006

In which I participate in history, have the longest "quick lie down" ever, and eat too many satsumas

Here

I heard about this over the weekend, but the lovely Moxie reminded me about it today.

I awoke at 4.30am, having decided to have a "quick lie down" at 7.15 pm after putting A to bed. I was fully dressed and wearing stilleto boots (oo-er missus). I had MISSED MY TEA. M had come home from the gym and left me to it. I can't quite believe that it happened. Anyway, I had to get up to use the bathroom, so got into my pjs in the pitch black. I really only dozed after that, so I am not exactly not tired today either.

I've been working on one of my big projects at school today, reviewing each child's IEP (Individual Education Plan) who is on the Special Needs Register. It's been rewarding, but tiring, as it's been like a day and a half of Parents' Evening solid. It's half term from this Friday, so at least that's something to look forward to. It also means that I haven't been in the classroom for a day and a half, which I found rather difficult as I've missed the children and couldn't wait to get back to them. I really love my class and teaching them this year, I will feel bad about leaving them at Easter.

Satsumas are back in the shops! Yay, the Christmas feeling is really on it's way! I bought two nets on a BOGOF at the weekend and ate five of them today. I realise five is a bit excessive, but they really are yummy and I need to be eating some healthy stuff, even though my body is shouting "get me some carbohydrates now!!!!!" at every hour of the day.

I am a proud Mummy today, as A has not only been awarded a merit badge at school, but also been put up another level in his reading, which is really good!

1 comment:

Dixie said...

Good for A! No wonder you're so proud of him!

I saw satsumas in the shops here too the other day and remembered that it's finally that time of year. I could eat them until I'm sick.