Saturday, January 07, 2006

Positive mental attitude continues

Not too bad a week, even though it meant going back to work.

Still off the pop, now one week and counting. Have arranged to visit the lovely Rowena at the end of January, so that will be the official end of the teetotalling, and I feel really good that I know that we will do it. I need to, because I put five pounds on over Christmas, which added to the 2lbs put on the week before makes (hey, good job I am a school teacher) 7lb - half a stone, although this is apparently the amount that the average Briton adds to thier figure each festive season, so get me - I'm average!

Of course, replaced chardonnay and pinot grigio with chocolate at times, so need to do some work on that. People at work are bringing in thier stuff that they have left over for the staff room, which makes me cross - I mean, they are being kind, but don't they know how poor my will power is when it's been weakened by Green and Black's and cadbury?? Plus, I don't have switch off switch once I have had one - hence my ability to completely give up wine, but not have only two glasses a week or something.

I can't remember if I wrote about this before Christmas, but I asked for a transfer to the Juniors before Christmas, for lots of reasons, and I'm hoping to find out in the next couple of weeks. What I do know is that whatever happens, I will be teaching a new year group, so that's exciting a scary prospect all at once. Loving being back and everything being normal again after the upheaval that was the festive season - normality is bliss (clearly I must be on the Autistic spectrum somewhere!)

Made a big effort to get in tough with a load of friends today, it's an extra Resolution to keep in touch more, and do more in the week with people.

Been reading Jodie Marsh's blog - is it wrong to be quite liking her? This is before she has gone into the Big Brother house, so it'll be interesting to see whether the persona portrayed on that will be the same as the one in her blog.

No comments: