I am booked for an elective C-section on Friday am, so I will be having a June baby Of course, nature might take its course before then, but there aren't any signs of that happening, so... I feel okay about the decision. Really, it's that, or wait until next Wednesday and have the only form of induction they are prepared to offer someone who's had a previous C-section, which is to see if they can break the waters. Even then, they'll only give you so long to deliver, and want to see "serious" progression (ie, 1hr=1cm). All of that considered, they did not pressure us in any way, and it was very much our decision. Much as I want to continue my aspiring lentil-weavering, I have the experience of last time affecting my perception, and I really think I could not bear to go through all that again for the same conclusion as I can have relatively straightforwardly, and nearly a week earlier. I don't regret my decision to wait until now (I will be 41+2 on Friday by my dates) because I think it means I've given my baby every chance to be as strong as possible, and also to come of its own accord. I think I may have to accept that I am good at growing big healthy babies (this one is apparantley "not small", but not as big as 10lb ds), but not really built for delivering them. It's quite hard as a woman to reconcile myself to that, because it feels like an unfullfilled biological destiny (and I know that it doens't matter etc, and I would be the first person telling someone else that)but once I've got ds2/dd in my arms it will cease to be of any importance.
Sorry if you've just ploughed through all that, I just thought I would save myself £50 with a therapist!