Monday, April 23, 2007

Update

I've had my first day of doing more or less nothing today. I had a little wander around my local shops at lunchtime, but apart from that, not much else. I'm glad that most of my maternity leave days so far and planned for the rest of the week have a bit more structure! I'm sure I'l be desperate for a bit of "nothing" in a few weeks, so might as well take advantage of it now!

I saw the consultant last week and everything is fine with the baby - it's actually an average size, so they are letting me go for a natural delivery; unless I go past my EDD, in which case it will be an elective section. This suits me down to the ground, as I don't want another induction etc. I find it hard to believe that the baby will really be here so soon. I'm more or less ready, although there are some domestic jobs I want to do like defrosting the freezer etc, and stocking up on some home cooked meals. I've begun the Raspberry leaf today, and when I get to 38-9 weeks, think about arnica.

It's wierd dropping A off at school and collecting him everyday. I like it, but it's odd seeing the children in my class going in with the new teacher, and being on the other side of the classroom door. People have been very nice, which is mainly because I haven't kept myself separate from other parents, and have always had good relationships with the VAST majority. It's just odd. There can't be many people who go on Mat Leave and yet visit their place of work every day.

I'm definitely getting to the uncomfortable bit - I feel like the baby might pop out any minute, the pressure is so great "down below".

No comments: