Monday, April 09, 2007

Monday morning

I met my midwife from A's birth yesterday in the park (she is local and a parent from school, and a breastfeeding expert, so we are hiring her to help me get feeding etc established as it isn't easy for me due to my mahoooooooosive norks, she was brill last time) and she immediately asked me if I was breech - my bump is huge at the top and tapers away at the bottom, she said the only other thing would be if I had an anterior placenta (is that the right word - at the front??) but that I wouldn't feel kicks then, which I do. I will ask mw at Wednesday appointment what she thinks. A woman at swimming ages ago told me that to move her ds from breech she had to climb the stairs on her hands and knees sideways, so that might be worth trying.

After being more or less set on names all the way through the pregnancy, M, A and I have spent the last three days in the park debating names for the baby - we are set on our boy's name, but have no middle names, and he needs 2, as ds has 2, and I am a believer in all being as equal as possible. We have middle names for our girl, but I have had a big wobble on the first name, so now we have a short list of 6, and if she is a girl, we will have to see what she looks like. It all stems from me choosing a beautiful name for ds, and then Eastenders bringing in a character of the same name a few months later, resulting in huge popularity for a name that I thought was lovely and original until then. My own first name is quite unusual, although more popular than it was when I was born, without being wierd or made up, and I wanted similar for my children. Plus, in teaching, you can often think of a reason NOT to call a child a name, rather than a reason TO call it them, IYSWIM.

I had a mini nest yesterday, pulled everything out of my wardrobes, had a bag for the bin, a bag for the charity shop and an ebay bag, and chucked a load of stuff out - I am a real hoarder, especially for shoes, there were shoes that are about 10 years old in there, and tatty boots that are at the end of thier life. All is sorted out now, and I am proud of the organised racks of stuff. Of course, a lot of it not wearable at the moment, but hopefully by summer and then next winter...

Nothing much planned for today except have warned dh and ds we are cleaning the house today, it's been a quiet weekend really, but quite nice really. M back to work tomorrow, so A and I will have to make our own entertainment, quite a bit planned, and then next week - a bit of time for me!!

I am trying to upload a new photo of A onto the blog, it's absolutely gorgeous, but I'm having some technical trouble. Might be back later...

1 comment:

Dixie said...

Wow...you're ducks are pretty well in a row now. All ready for your sweet baby to arrive.

I can't wait to hear what you name the baby. I happen to love what you named A so I'm betting I love what you call the new baby.