Monday, May 29, 2006

Having a paranoid moment

Went out with work on Friday night. I had a manic day, school all day, then rushing around to get stuff sorted, then rushing A to a party at a sweaty hot play place with his friend and then getting him and aforesaid friend home with ten minutes to spare before being picked up to go out. As a result, I was very dehydrated, but stupidly got stuck into the wine, instead of knocking back some water. On Saturday I had the worst hangover I have had for years - banging head, thirst, exhaustion, copious vomiting - I didn't get out of my pjs until 4pm.

The thing is - I think I remember everything - but then if I had forgotten something I'd said or done, then I wouldn't remember it IYSWIM. I'm a bit worried that I did or said something I shouldn't have. I am usually pretty sensible about stuff like that, but there's always a first time. I am a bit ashamed of myself, and have pledged to be a non-drinker on the next staff night out. My friend from work says that I was fine, and that there were others who might have stuff to be worried about rather than me, but she might be making me feel better. I dunno.

It's half term now for the next two weeks, which is nice. A and I have lots planned and already we have had a nice evening with friends and then climbed Rivington Pike and been out for tea yesterday. Also, he is sleeping in later due to a slightly later holiday bedtime which is nice.

My AF is due this week (another reason not to have been excessively drinking - I really annoy myself sometimes; although A was conceived on a three week luxury cruise, so should have come out looking like a Singapore Sling) and I am nervously looking for signs one way or the other. My last cycle was 23 days, so by that I should come on today, but I will be anxiously waiting until the end of the week to see.

No comments: