Sunday, December 11, 2005

I realised I sounded self obsessed and points obsessed in that last post

Which I'm not really, i was just amazed that I appeared to be full without clearing my plate, verra verra unusual.

Read a whole magazine about body image last night, the Easy Living magazine January issue. i like Easy Living, it has a lot of sensible things to say and is not too obsessed with beauty/fashion - it's quite intelligent. Anyhoo, I was reading these worthy articles about women obsessed with thier bodies and having poor body image, and (in a Road to Damascus kind of way) I realised that I don't actually have a poor body image any more, I am quite happy in my skin. It was a bit of a shock really, like having a comfort blanket taken away, because it's been with me all my life. But it's slipped away gently over a long period of time, so I haven't really noticed it's absence.

No comments: