Anyhow, the childnre were fabulous! They did extraordinarily well - we have been rehearsing for weeks but you never know what it's going to be like. Here's what we did:
- showed a Shape poem we wrote about a set of spooky stairs - we did this in a stair formation too
- showed a retelling of a traditional tale using a puppet theatre - three Billy Goat's Gruff
- two children read extracts from thier stories
- showed sunflowers we are growing
- showed observational paintings of sunflowers
- talked about our history project about homes
- demonstrated number bonds to 10 and counting in 2,5 and 10
- performed a musical version of In The Ning Nang Nong
- talked about our Geography field trip
- showed nice words we had thought about on 100th day
...and then I collapsed in a heap!
They really were fab, I was proud of them and the parents really enjoyed it. Everyone on the staff was really complementary.
It's been a good week at school, everyone is very enthused after a trip this week to see a wonderful school in a deprived area. Long may it last!